Friday 27 January 2012

Another layout with "The ScrapCake" "The Bright Side of Life" and a feature at The Paper Variety!


As I told you recently I managed to finally get hold of the previous collections from "The ScrapCake" by Karola Witczak. I have so enjoyed playing with my papers and tags. 
I have spent a little time the last few evenings to finish my scond layout that  want to share with you.



I love using my Cheery Lynn doily dies at the moment, or should I say I love them still...
I added a lot of blooms, mostly Prima, but also others from my stash.



 The title letters are from American Crafts Thickers. I used parts of a thin metal decoration as embellishments too.I found it in the sale and there are a lot of little branches to be cut off.



I fussy cut the roses off some of the papers. What looks like tags with the journaling on is what was left of one of the half sized papers after I cut away the roses from the other side.
There are quite a lot of useful elements for example to cut out.


 A close up of some of my layering.



My flower cluster with a close up of the metal twigs. I also added some vintage lace.



I love those Prima blooms. They are so soft and feminine.

This afternoon I took my layout ouside briefly to get a better photograph. Unfortunately one of these flowers was not stuck down properly and just ble away.... 
I looked for it for a while but the wind took it!
That is so typical :-)


Before I go I am happy to tell you that another layout I made with The Scrapcake papers 
was featured today at The Paper Variety.
Made me smile!!





I hope all of you find something to make you happy too!!
TGIF!!


.

14 comments:

  1. Nydelige nydelige layouter (kan ikke bruke linjal og kniv..blir bare skeive sider :-o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och jag som tyckte att den första layouten var så himla fin så kommer du med ytterligare en som är ÄNNU vackrare! du har verkligen scrappat The ScrapCake-pappren så så underbart! klara vackra fäger och så läckra kluster. Verkligen fredagsgodis! GRATTIS till top 5, det var verkligen kul!! Ha en riktigt fin helg vännen, kram E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooooo GORGEOUS! Loveeeeeeeee all the distressing and the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A BIG congrats Bente! Love your lo's...simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Bente! Especially love the design of the first one with those gorgeous layers and flowers through the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Bente! Congrats too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bente!! This is So Beautiful!! love the doilies with the layers! and a Huge Congrats on the featured!!well deserved it...it's gorgeous!! Take Care dear!
    Hugs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is DIVINE. I LOVE the shabby, sewn layers and all the flowers- the design of this is just great. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm yummie så fina! Mitt först men inte sista besök hos dig! Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing work Bente! This year I've noticed that you are really cranking it up and it shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved catching up on your beautiful blog again. I love all the layers, stitching and the perfectly placed embellishments. Congrats on the recent 2peas shout outs too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work, love the 2nd one and how funny the flower blew away never to be found, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. your LO is stunning! all the blooms, the doily, the gorgeus letters..love it! and congrats on the feature, you deserved it with that pretty page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how clever to divide the page like this, it's fabulous !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...