Sunday 1 November 2015

A page for Blue Fern Studios November sketch challenge.

Hi there!
Today is the day the new sketch is revealed on the Blue Fern Studios blog and I want to share that with you here as well to make sure you dont miss it :-) It truly is a great looking sketch!!


Don't you agree?

And here is my page using the new Vintage Christmas collection so full of gorgeous design and Christmas cheer. I used Deck the Halls, Noel, and Greeting Cards


I love how the large piece of chipboard in the back mimics the crown on my daughters head. I actually thought of this photo of her the moment I saw the sketch. Here in Sweden we celebrate 
St. Lucia on December 13th  and it's kind of a festival of light and our family go to church to listen to our youth choir sing beautiful seasonal songs. It's very special. 
Last year Beatrice was picked to be Lucia and she was so happy about it!!


I wanted to keep the colouring quite simple and traditional for this page so I added decorations in red white and green mainly, as well as some hemp string.


I painted the large chipboard piece, and piece de resistance, with an acrylic paint in a golden colour.
The magnificent piece of chipboard is called French Ironwork. When dry I stamped it with the Essential Textures stamp and also embossed the pattern with the Petal embossingpowder. 
I even used the stamp on my background. The other stamp set I used was Parisian Ironwork.


 I cut the caption 'Christmas Joy' from the Greeting Cards paper.


 To get some flowers that would match perfectly I decided to pull out my diecut machine and make some from scrach. I added pop dots between the layers to make the flowers more realistic.
I inked around the outlines of the pieces to make them stand out more. 
I used red dimensional Thickers with glitter for my title.


I hope you enjoyed my first seasonal page of the year!!

You can read all about the November challenge HERE.


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it's such an amazing Christmas lay-out! I just love your multi photo design and all the pretty details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is another beautiful sketch and your layout is simply divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful sketch and your layout is just soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Bente! It's so great to see different traditions from around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Bente! It's so great to see different traditions from around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That large chippie is stunning. I love your Christmas layout...and your flower clusters too ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...